What eyewear options are available?
- Work Glasses. Based on your work environment and the visual tasks you perform, we recommend frame and lens solutions to maximise your vision, eye and neck comfort, UV protection and eye safety.
- Computer Glasses / Digital Eyewear. Spend a few hours or more a day on a computer or device? Computer glasses are designed to give you optimal close-up and intermediate vision as well as reduce digital eye strain, neck and shoulder discomfort and blue light emittance.
- Outdoor Glasses. Prescription sunglasses are like sunscreen for your eyes delivering necessary glare and UV protection together with clear vision. Add polarised lenses and you’ll have the best outdoor vision and eye protection available.
- Sports Glasses. Sports specific eyewear can enhance your performance whilst protecting your eyes against harmful UV rays and injury. Sports-specific coloured lenses highlight colours, alter light levels, enhance clarity and reduce glare.
- Driving Glasses. Road safety starts with good vision. We recommend progressive lenses for a smooth visual transition between distances, i.e. from road signs in the distance to the dashboard up close, polarised sunglasses and AR coatings to minimise glare and light distortion from oncoming headlights, particularly when driving at night.
- Reading Glasses. Wear multifocal glasses and enjoy reading and other close-work? A specific pair of reading glasses will provide clear, uninterrupted vision for these activities.
- Social/Occasion Glasses. You wouldn’t wear the same pair of shoes with every outfit, so why would you wear the same pair of glasses? Consider a conservative style for work, a bolder design for casual wear and something more elegant for formal occasions.
- Contact Lenses. Most of the time, wearing glasses is no problem, but there are times when glasses can get in the way. Today’s advances in materials and design means almost everyone who wears glasses can enjoy the freedom and convenience of contact lenses.
Eyewear fit for the task
One of the best things about being independent is the freedom it gives our optometrists to select the right lenses and frames from a wide range of quality products, depending on the task at hand. Whether you spend time gardening, on the computer, reading, playing sport or crafting – the lens and frame choice will vary based on your vision needs.
We take a holistic and extensive approach to an eye examination, including advice on health, diet and lifestyle and the latest eyewear solutions for maintaining healthy eyes and vision.
Beckenham Optometrist has been operating in Avalon for 20 years. The team is passionate about delivering the best possible eye care to the community. Beckenham Optometrist can be contacted on 9918 0616 and is located at 15 Old Barrenjoey Rd Avalon.