Our staff are focussed on finding you the most suitable eyecare solution
Our optometric support staff are friendly and highly skilled in helping to solve your eyewear needs. With advice on the latest trends, individualised attention to detail in the frame, lens or sunglass selection process, and for ongoing maintenance for the life of your eyewear.
Why Choose Us
- We focus on you, providing tailored eyecare and eyewear solutions for your needs.
- We are dedicated to clinical excellence and offering the latest advancements in eye care.
- We have the technology to supply thinner, lighter, clearer, higher performing lenses.
- A locally owned independent business supporting the local community since 1999.
- Our unique range of fashion frames and quality eyewear come with a 2 year manufacturer’s warranty and lifetime servicing.
Giving Back … The Sumba Eye Program
Following on from work in rural and remote indigenous communities in Australia, Rowena has joined the Sumba Eye Program visiting annually to perform essential optometric services and help build the capacity of the local health staff to provide effective eyecare for the community through a teaching program for local eyecare nurses.
Sumba is one of three main islands in Nusa Tenggara Timur (Eastern Indonesia) and is home to approximately 685,000 inhabitants. Due to its isolation the Sumbanese generally still follow the ways of their ancestors with language, religion and traditional lifestyle largely preserved. Unfortunately, this isolation has also restricted the development of adequate health systems like primary eye care.
Approximately 750 patients are screened on each visit, with 1000 pairs of spectacles delivered and 90 to 100 patients receiving sight restoring surgery, improving their function and mobility and enabling them to return to productive work in the family and community.
Help us bring sight to 1.2 billion people
In the practice we collect donations for all spectacle repairs, fundraising for the Sumba Eye Program and Optometry Giving Sight so we can continue to support the training of eyecare professionals to do the job we do in Avalon for those in the
most disadvantaged areas in the world.